Botlabs is a Finnish engineering company, which both designs its own products and implements demanding product development projects for clients. We are particularly good at issues related to data security, software robotics, test automation, DevOps and software development. Excellence in our field allows our clients to trust us when products and solutions are needed to make people’s work easier and more automated, which is also rooted in our slogan “Humanize Your Workflow”.
People who have the ability to think outside the box and the desire to bring new ideas to the table prosper at Botlabs. At the heart of our core business is the expertise of our people and our commitment to working together. We have comfortable and ergonomic facilities and modern tools. We offer good benefits and organize events where people can get to know each other. We are a fair and flexible employer that makes decisions with common sense, and by listening to people.
Botlabs is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Architect for a big client project! Botlabs is growing fast so now it is a great time to join the company since there will be a lot to do now and in the future. You’ll get to work on a big international client project together with highly experienced colleagues as well as with client team members. There’s also a possibility for a rotation between different projects within 3 months periods. However, you’ll get to focus on one project at a time. Clients are typically large companies and organizations – read more about e.g. Cooperation between Botlabs and the City of Oulu and Cooperation with Destia.
You’ll work both at our own office and at clients’ premises either in the Oulu area or in southern Finland. We are looking for a QA Architect to join the team preferably to Oulu but other locations are also negotiable. Visits to the client are required since the tasks include also device testing at the site. We are currently expanding to the Helsinki metropolitan area and establishing an office also to Espoo. However, during these exceptional circumstances, we are working mostly remotely.
In this responsible key role, you will make sure that clients’ development lifecycle is efficient by defining, planning, establishing, and further developing test automation procedures on different levels from a feature, integration, a system to e2e tests. Your tasks include both planning the big picture and making technological choices and also hands-on scripting. We are using mostly the following technologies: Python, Jenkins, Jira, AWS, Robot Framework. However, we don’t expect knowledge of all of these, but the experience of some of them or similar tech helps you to jump in quickly and succeed. We are also happy to hear your insights and ideas on how to do things differently!
We are looking for an experienced QA Architect with an understanding of the requirements for big software projects. We hope you feel comfortable working directly with the client and you have a flexible attitude to be able to work in a dynamic environment. We are also open for applicants who are interested in working through their own company as a freelancer.
We hope you to have:
- Strong programming skills with Python
- Experience in some version control system, Jenkins, Jira, and AWS (or other cloud technologies)
- Skills with test automation tools (e.g. Robot Framework)
- Several years of work experience in software QA – also in big projects
- Willingness to take responsibility
- Fluent communication skills in English (both written and spoken)
We see as an advantage:
- Skills with other programming languages
- Finnish language skills
We can offer you:
- A responsible key role in a big and international project
- A possibility to work on versatile projects and rotation into different projects – you won’t be bored!
- A youthful and low-hierarchy work environment where people enjoy working at
- Opportunity for career development within the company according to your interests, for example in the direction of software development or lead positions
- A competitive salary where 49% of client invoicing will contribute to your gross salary. There’s also a possibility of a stock option.
- Good employment benefits, such as lunch and culture benefits, comprehensive occupational health services including dental care, and modern tools and devices
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity for remote work. However, in some client projects, you need to work also at the client’s premises.
In this position, you will be employed directly to Botlabs Oy. Please note that security clearance and drug testing may be included in the recruitment process.
Did you get interested in? Please submit your application letter and CV by the latest 22nd of February via our application system. Please also mention your salary request and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV. Remember to use the application system, we do not accept applications by email.
You can familiarize yourself with Botlabs here: https://botlabs.fi/en/home/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Miili Reponen (0504754889, miili.reponen[ät]atalent.fi).