Fastems delivers intelligent factory automation solutions around cutting machine tools and related processes. We are a family-owned business with 40 years of automation experience, over 4000 installations and main markets in Europe, North-America and Asia. Our mission is to help metalworking manufacturers improve their productivity and profitability.
Globally, there are already more than 400 of us learning, growing and prospecting together. At Fastems you get to work with some of the brightest people in the industry, so every day is an opportunity to learn something new. You can check some of our career stories here: https://www.fastems.com/careers
Would you like to develop industrial automation solutions for an interesting line of clients in industries such as aerospace and automotive? Fastems is now looking for Senior Control System Engineers to join their Control System Delivery team in Tampere! In this role you will get to work with PLC and robot execution related to our industrial automation solution projects. Your main responsibilities include defining project requirements together with the team, PLC and robot programming, factory testing and implementing solutions locally at our clients. In the testing phase you will work closely at Fastems Factory in Tampere but the role will also include some travelling due to the international nature of the business (approximately 50 travel days per year).
You will be an important player in our projects and get a lot of responsibility from day one. When starting in the role, you can first focus more on either PLC or robot programming depending on your skills and start expanding your skill set in the area that you don’t necessarily master yet. We will offer you a comprehensive introduction to Fastems solutions and the assistance of highly-skilled colleagues.
We are looking for someone with a few years work experience in automation and strong experience in robot or PLC programming using structured text. We hope you are eager to take ownership of your work and work both independently and as part of a team. As a person, you have a proactive and self-driven attitude and willingness to share your knowledge to others. The role includes close collaboration with international team members and clients which underlines the importance of fluent English skills.
We require you to have:
- A relevant degree (e.g. in automation or mechanical engineering)
- A few years of work experience in automation
- Strong experience in robot or PLC programming using structured text
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Fluent English skills, Finnish and/or German skills are seen as an asset
We can offer you:
- A versatile role: with us you can create meaningful work that will innovate the world of manufacturing
- Flexible and agile work environment in a family owned business
- Fastems’ strong company culture expresses through our values: Backbone, Sharing = Caring, Water is Water. Rock is rock.
- Growth possibilities through our development programs
- A chance to travel and work internationally – we have customers in Europe, North America and Asia
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work partly remote
- Good employment benefits, such as lunch and culture benefits
In this position you will be employed directly to Fastems.
Sounds like you? Please submit your CV and motivation letter in PDF-format by latest 11th of April via our application system. Please also mention your salary request and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents.
You can familiarize yourself with Fastems here: https://www.fastems.com/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anni Rajalahti (+358 50 307 1210, anni.rajalahti[at]atalent.fi).