We are a Helsinki-based IT company specialized in open source web services and ERP systems. We have divided our services under the brands Web-veistämö and Avoin.Systems. Web-veistämö produces interactive web services whereas Avoin.Systems help customers overcome challenges in enterprise resource planning (Odoo ERP & Business Apps).
Although we create high-quality business apps, according to our employees, we have a flexible and relaxed atmosphere where employees can impact their own work and have the freedom to choose the best tools and develop working methods. In addition to our Helsinki ”headquarters”, we have a smaller branch office in Riga.
Web-veistämö is growing and looking for a (Senior) DevOps Engineer to strengthen the product development team in order to make product infrastructures scalable for the needs of today and the future. Firstly you’d focus on the Avoin.Systems’ ERP solution and developing further the current cloud infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines. Avoin.Systems helps SME’s overcome challenges in resource management, operations, and communications with high quality and modern ERP systems. The solutions are based on Odoo, Open Source ERP which is written in Python. Read more about the ERP solution here: https://avoin.systems/en/.
In this role, your main responsibility is to keep ERP services running reliably, securely, and efficiently. You’ll make sure that the developers can focus on coding and that the code is clean, deployed successfully, and with good quality in the production. The current solution infrastructure is now in transformation and you’ll get to participate in the transition. We’ll be hosting the service in our own UpCloud environment. However, some of our clients are also utilizing their own internal infrastructure solutions. The daily tasks include server and service monitoring, monitoring development, keeping systems up-to-date, resolving faults, PostgreSQL administration and optimization, sizing new systems, setting up CI/CD pipelines, and software deployment. You’ll work closely with the CTO, software developers, and product owner. In the future, we are also planning to grow the DevOps team further. We utilize the following tools and processes: Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, Linux, Git, Terraform, Ansible, Prometheus, Grafana, PostgreSQL, and Python.
This position is suitable for both mid- and senior-level DevOps Engineers as the role and responsibilities can be adjusted according to the skills and experience as long as you have some relevant experience in modern DevOps practices and can work independently quite soon after the onboarding. This is a great opportunity to grow into a high-class DevOps expert as you’ll be given responsibility as much as you desire. You’ll fit in the team if you are proactive and capable of working independently. However, we also like to have fun at work and hope that you enjoy a good team spirit and teamwork as well. We are preferably looking for a full-time employee but part-time (minimum 25-30h per week) is also negotiable if your life situation requires that. Working remotely is fully supported and you can work remotely from anywhere in Finland as long as you can sometimes visit the office in Helsinki, Vallila if needed.
We hope you have:
- Relevant work experience in DevOps and system monitoring and administration, and history of implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Strong skills with the following: Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, and Git
- Fluency and good communication skills in English
- Skills with one or more of the following: Terraform, Ansible, UpCloud (or any other cloud service), Prometheus, Grafana, SQL databases, Python
- Finnish language skills
We can offer you:
- A role that can be adjusted according to your background. You can first focus on things that are already familiar to you but we are happy to give you more responsibilities as soon as you are up to it. This is a great opportunity to deepen your DevOps expertise and grow into a lead position in the future.
- A position where you have a genuine influence on your own job and tasks: no micromanagement
- Easy-going, supportive and youthful team spirit – we also like to spend time together outside of work, e.g. virtual minigolf tournaments every Friday
- A chance to work remotely and comfortable working environment in a modern office in Vallilla, Helsinki
- A chance to BYOD (not required)
- Gym membership and sports hour every week
- Flexible working hours
- Friday beers. Or Thursday.
In this position, you will be employed directly to Web-veistämö.
Sounds like you? Please submit your CV or share your LinkedIn profile (cover letter optional) by the 13th of October via our application system. Feel free to mention your salary request, possible GitHub (or similar) profile, and preferred starting date in your application documents. Remember to use the application system, we do not accept applications by email.
You can familiarize yourself with Web-veistämö here: https://web-veistamo.fi/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Senior Talent Research Specialist, Team Lead Miili Reponen (+358 50 475 4889, miili.reponen(at)atalent.fi).