Smartly.io is a fast-growing team of 250+ Humble Hungry Hunters. We are building a B2B SaaS product to fully automate and optimize online marketing at scale for the largest advertisers across the globe. We are a global company with 36 nationalities and footholds in 17 cities, serving 650+ brands across the globe, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle.
We are on a mission to make online advertising easy, efficient, and enjoyable across all major platforms. Easy as in automated, efficient as in constantly driving performance, and enjoyable through the best user experience and service in the market. We do this by combining creative automation, ad operations, and outstanding customer service to help brands scale their results – not headcount.
Learn more about how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook.
As a Service Operations Engineer, you are an expert in what customers need and in solving their challenges hands-on. You’ll be part of a client-facing engineering team working with some of the biggest and most advanced online performance marketers globally. You’ll be a frontline firefighter and a system builder, making sure all the valuable information from the customers is being heard and turned into action. You will spend roughly 50% of your time on development and 50% consulting and guiding customers.
This role comes with great responsibility and requires a variety of skills: you’ll serve as a vital link, translator, and communicator between customers and our equally world-class product development team. You can’t wait to get your hands dirty and scaling things up quickly. Your heart beats for the customer and serving them with understanding and care. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our Engineering team that develops our web application, Product and Marketing teams and learns from all of them. As the Service Operations team is responsible for making sure that the problems they find will not come back, you’ll get to make the customer’s life easier as well as improve our core product. None of your days will be quite alike – exciting times guaranteed!
As a Service Operations Engineer at Smartly.io, you will:
- Make sure that Smartly is known for the best-in-class service globally
- Understand the business ecosystem deeply, identify problems and solutions for businesses
- Build technical expertise in Facebook products including Ads API, Pages, Platform and provide consultative guidance to businesses
- Work with the technological challenges of world’s largest online advertisers
- Help launch products including supporting Alpha and Beta programs
- Handle support escalations
- Quickly resolve advertiser issues, including campaign performance and product bugs
- Collaborate with customers, account managers, and product development team to design new product features and improve existing ones
- Build internal and external facing materials for support and education
- Work with the nicest and brightest teammates in a flat organization
- Have a competitive salary + option plans
- Recharge yourself with full 5 weeks of paid annual leave
- Enjoy weekly breakfasts, Friday demos with beer and monthly sports with the team
We’re definitely looking for you if you:
- Are interested in working in a fast-paced online marketing domain and a willingness to push yourself to exceed your goals and an ability to learn new things quickly
- Have some technical background from modern web technologies like React or AngularJS through school, hobbies and or/working life context (our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, Scala, React+Redux+Flow, PHP, MongoDB, Cassandra, and PostgreSQL)
- Have prior technical support experience in a customer facing role or at least a genuine interest to work closely with customers and solve their problems
- Are always looking to improve and automate – being “lazy” with manual tasks is a good quality. You can build your own tools to help you and the rest of the team
- Are fluent in spoken and written English
- Have a relevant educational background (e.g. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in information technology, information systems, industrial engineering or information and services management)
Smartly.io and aTalent Recruiting have partnered up to find the most potential new talents. As opposed to aTalent’s traditional recruitment processes, Smartly.io will be responsible of all communication during and after the recruitment process.
Smartly.io hires people that are extremely quick to learn new things because online marketing and Facebook as a platform evolve incredibly fast all the time. Our recruiting steps are designed to give you a realistic glimpse of the job, but also to test your ability and willingness to learn quickly and apply the fast-changing concepts of online advertising to maximize positive impact for your customers. The recruitment process is an opportunity for both you and us to see if we’re made for each other. The process takes typically 2-3 weeks from start to end.
STEP 1 – Introductory calls with our talent team and your potential team lead
STEP 2 – Assignment where you’ll solve a tech puzzle to showcase your technical problem solving skills
STEP 3 – Role interview and discussion on Facebook advertising concepts, your technical knowledge and passions with the team.
STEP 4 – Sales demo simulation where you need to convince us to start trial with the Smartly.io tool
STEP 5 – Discussion with our leadership team.
To apply send your CV and application letter by latest on September 18th to: https://apply.atalent.fi/smartlyio-service-operations-engineer-9-2018 . If possible, please send your application documents in PDF-format. If you want to get more information regarding the recruitment process or the position, please feel free to contact aTalent’s Recruitment Coordinator Tiia Rontu (tiia.rontu[at]atalent.fi, +358 50401 6298).