Genera Management covers two different product lines, Genera Oy and Finndent Oy, that are predominantly owned by the management and employees. The company office is situated in Metsälä, Helsinki with good connections to the whole Helsinki metropolitan area.
Genera Oy was established in 1986 as a manufacturer of high-standard display devices. The company’s customers are mainly large- and medium-sized companies operating internationally and using Genera displays in their products. Genera products are used in all continents and in dozens of countries.
Finndent Oy is a Finnish company that develops, designs and assembles dental units for dental clinics and educational institutions. The products are assembled in Finland with all components and other accessory items sourced from high-quality supply chain partners.
Genera Management Group is an electronic-mechanical-software company that designs and produces machinery and info displays for e.g. dental healthcare (Finndent Oy) and elevators (Genera Oy). The Company consists of about 40 multi-cultural professionals in different roles in e.g. R&D, Logistics and production. In the future, Genera Management Group is planning to utilize cloud services in their product lines − this is where you come in.
Genera Management is looking for a key person, Software Architect, to take responsibility for the development and maintenance of its cloud infrastructure and subcontracting. As a Software Architect, your responsibilities include quality management, reporting, and ensuring that the version documentation is in line with the standards. You’ll also impact on technological choices. You don’t have to do everything by yourself − the point is that you see the big picture and manage the resources needed. Instead of solving problems, you’ll be the one who looks for the problems and defines them.
The executive board is there to support you whenever needed. You’ll work closely with multiple stakeholders such as the R&D team, embedded development team, different subcontracted contacts and the executive board. We hope you are a team player with great communication and coordination skills and have a genuine interest in IoT and cloud industry trends. We appreciate your previous work experience on, for example, full stack development, cloud development, testing and/or DevOps − just to mention a few examples. We are not necessarily looking for a ready-made Software Architect. Instead, Genera Management hopes that you are able to grow into this role.
We hope you have:
- Knowledge and understanding of software development architecture
- Solid skills and knowledge of documentation in software development processes
- Experience of cloud computing platforms and services
- Studies from a relevant field
- Eagerness to learn continuously and keep up-to-date with the trends in the field
- Fluent skills in English and good communication skills
We consider as an asset:
- Some previous coding experience
- Experience of any of the following from Genera Management’s stack: Microsoft Azure, SQL, HTML, CSS, Git and/or any other programming languages
Genera Management offers:
- A responsible position where you can really learn more about cloud computing, IoT and machine learning through challenging tasks
- A position where you can make an actual impact on a large scale
- Supportive, self-directed and international working atmosphere
- Possibility to develop your skills – Genera Management encourages participation in seminars and trainings you consider valuable
- Competitive salary and fringe benefits such as dental healthcare
- Flexible working hours and a remote work opportunity
In this position you will be employed directly to Genera Management.
Sounds like your opportunity? Please submit your application letter and CV by latest 8th of October here: https://apply.atalent.fi/genera-management-software-architect-iot-9-2019. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV. Please note that the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been found.
You can familiarize yourself with Genera here: https://genera.fi/ and with Finndent Oy here: https://finndent.com. For more information about the position and recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Miili Reponen (+358 50 475 4889, miili.reponen[at]atalent.fi).