Furuno Finland Oy, a subsidiary owned by Japanese Furuno Electric Co, Ltd, is the largest marine electronics supplier and importer in Finland. Our strategic R&D unit in Espoo makes us unique in the global Furuno Group. Furuno Finland Oy has been awarded by Kauppalehti with Menestyjä (Achiever) certificate for several years.
Furuno Finland imports, supplies and provides installation and maintenance of navigation, communication and fish finding equipment as well as systems at home and abroad. Our product range includes solutions for foreign and domestic shipping companies, various authorities, shipyards, boat yards, and the dealers.
We are searching for a Software Developer to join our development unit of 15 members in Espoo. As a skillful problem solver you will be working with versatile tasks in the area of marine software development, for example navigation, graphics and data processing. You have already gathered experience in backend development (C++ and/or Linux), but most importantly you have high motivation to learn more amongst our group of experts.
At Furuno, with the support of your colleagues, you will become an expert in marine IT. We are proud of our own unique products and feel committed to our work. Here you can truly make an impact on product development in the maritime industry. Your final role will be adaptable depending on your preferences and areas of expertise.
We expect you to have:
- Some experience in backend development, preferably C++ or/and Linux
- Relevant studies in software development/engineering
- Analytical mindset and motivation for product development
- Fluent skills in English
What we see as an advantage:
- Interest in frontend development
- Enthusiasm for problem solving
- Fluent skills in Finnish
- Possibility to work in a truly global corporation
- Unique chance to learn and work in the marine industry
- An opportunity to work in an invested and skilled team
- Competitive salary
- Possibility to work with versatile tasks in i.e. graphics and data processing
- Chance to receive mentoring from experts in the field
Sounds like you? Send your CV, cover letter and your earliest possible starting day with salary request by latest on 7.9.2018 https://apply.atalent.fi/furuno-software-developer-8-2018. If you have a GitHub-profile or programming samples, free to share them with us. Please convert your application documents into PDF-format. To familiarize yourself further with Furuno Finland, please visit www.furuno.fi.
For further information regarding the position and the recruitment process you may contact aTalent’s Recruitment Consultant Mikko Lahti (firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 400 495 946).
* This job ad is in English, because this particular job requires fluent English language skills. *