Elcogen is a world leading manufacturer of solid oxide cells and stack technology for industrial power generation and hydrogen production markets. Their products enable clean and efficient power generation through the world’s best rate of primary energy conversion efficiency. The company has won the Innovator of The Year category on the Entrepreneurship Award 2020 of Estonia and was the winner of Innovation at European Business Awards 2019. Elcogen has over 100 customers globally and the company’s enthusiastic and highly professional team strives to fulfill the mission of reshaping how the world is powered.
Elcogen is now looking for a Sourcing Manager to join their journey! As a Sourcing Manager, you will have a truly crucial and strategic role in optimizing Elcogen’s supply chain and scaling up production volumes. Your tasks will vary from strategic sourcing and implementing new processes to building strong relationships with suppliers and close collaboration with different stakeholders. Since Elcogen is aiming for significant growth, this is a unique opportunity to grow together with the company and really make a difference in Elcogen’s – and the world’s – future!
You will be based in Elcogen’s office at Vantaa, but a partial home-office solution is also possible. In this role, you will work in close collaboration with the managing director and the R&D and pilot operations teams in Vantaa and also with the full-scale manufacturing site in Tallinn.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with R&D on selecting and progressing supplier candidates for NPIs based on both quality and cost factors
- Working closely with manufacturing teams on improving profit margins and reducing COGS by optimizing supply chain and reducing material costs
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with strategic suppliers
- Project, sourcing, vendor and contract management
- Implementing sourcing processes and supporting implementation of ERP
- Implementing and monitoring KPIs for optimized supplier performance
- Collecting and interpreting procurement data including cost analysis reporting, benchmarking spend, RFP data and return on investment
- Monitoring inventory levels to ensure rotation and maximizing working capital
- Building supplier base for localized manufacturing
We hope you have at least the following qualities:
- Relevant educational background, preferably from technical field
- Several years of relevant working experience
- Experience in working with highly technical products with a limited supplier base
- Understanding of market dynamics and manufacturing techniques especially in the metal industry
- Strong interpersonal & negotiation skills, solution-focused attitude and an ability to prioritize and focus on the essential
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
We consider as an asset:
- Fluency in Finnish, other major languages are also seen as an advantage
- Experience working in a SME where processes are to be developed
Elcogen offers you:
A truly meaningful job, since Elcogen’s products are changing the power generation and enabling us all a cleaner future. Besides offering a meaningful mission, Elcogen offers you a challenging, versatile role where you’ll be able to make your mark in the development of the company. Moreover, Elcogen offers you an international environment plus knowledgeable and devoted colleagues, who strive to make a difference. At Elcogen, you will get numerous opportunities to learn, develop and grow – with flexible working conditions, of course!
If you want to be part of Elcogen’s mission “We enable clear sky”, apply now! Please send your CV and application in a PDF-form by latest 20.4. via our application system. Please also mention your salary expectation and when you would be available to start.
To familiarize yourself with Elcogen, please visit here: https://elcogen.com/. For further information regarding the position and the application process you may contact aTalent Recruiting’s Recruitment Manager Sofia Latva-Koivisto (+358 50 321 4473, sofia.latva-koivisto[at]atalent.fi) on Tuesday 13th of April at 10-11 am and on Monday 19th of April at 10-11 am.
In this position you will be employed directly to Elcogen Oy.