At Valio, we work together to make life better. Our innovative community develops and produces nutritious food products that are loved by our consumers in 60 countries. We are Finland’s biggest food exporter. We are driven by a responsible mindset in everything that we do, and together with our partners, our goal is to make our milk carbon neutral by 2035.
Valio is a company owned by Finnish family farmers, employing over 4,000 people around the world in various career fields, from farmers to engineers and sales professionals. Our priority is that our people can grow and develop in their work, and we want to give them the best ingredients for doing it. Read more about us here: https://www.valio.fi/ & https://www.valio.com/.
We are looking for a Commercial trainee for a full-time and permanent position at Valio headquarters in Pitäjänmäki, Helsinki! You will join our small Go-to-Market team that consists of the Head of Go-to-Market as well as two Business Development Managers. As a Commercial trainee, you will focus on analysing and investigating new business segments and market areas for VAI (Value Added Ingredients) products as well as on supporting your colleagues in development of new B2B business opportunities. Your tasks include monitoring and analyzing market trends, customer behaviour and competitors activity in order to identify additional market opportunities. You also get to utilize internal data for different analysis purposes. During the trainee period, you will rotate within different business functions: BU, Sales and R&D. The purpose of the rotation is to help you develop both commercial and technical knowledge to understand products and customers.
We are looking for someone who is willing to take initiative as well as responsibility but also for someone who is willing to work as a part of a team. You have a commercially driven growth mindset and interest to work in an international B2B environment. This role includes close cooperation with different business stakeholders, and therefore, excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills in English are required. A desire to work in a constantly changing environment is also highly valued. Nevertheless, in this position you get to learn from experienced colleagues who will help you to develop your own expertise and pave the way for an unique career path.
This is a full-time and permanent trainee position. The length of the trainee period is 12 months and during this period you will learn about Valio’s business and grow your professional skills in the selected trainee position. After the trainee period, you will continue your career at Valio in similar, expert-level tasks. The starting date will be in September 2021. In this position, you will be employed directly by our client company, Valio Oy.
We require you to have:
- Relevant educational background within e.g. business or economics
- Interest to work in an international B2B environment
- Knowledge of data, analytics and reporting both from method and technology standpoints
- Ability to turn data analysis into meaningful input for the target audience
- Commercially driven growth mindset
- Fluent communication skills in English
We consider as an asset:
- Previous work experience in business development and/or service design
- Experience from studying and/or working abroad
- Skills in Excel and/or PowerBI
- Experience with databases and programming languages (e.g. MS Access, SQL, Visual Basic)
- Chinese language skills
Valio offers you:
- A versatile role to gain knowledge within different business functions
- An opportunity to develop your expertise with the support of experienced colleagues
- A personal mentor to support your line of work
- An inspirational mission – together we make life better – which gives you the opportunity to affect both Finnish food culture and your own line of work
- Both responsible and ethical values that are easy to embrace: for us, responsibility is working to improve the environment, society, human and animal welfare
- A happy and communal work environment where employees are encouraged to experiment and learn new things
- An opportunity to combine work and leisure in a way that supports your own well-being
- Vast possibilities of a large, renowned Finnish food company
Apply for the Valio’s trainee program for a better life by submitting your application letter and CV in a PDF format by the latest 20.5.2021
via our application system. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anni Rajalahti (+358 50 307 1210, anni.rajalahti[at]atalent.fi) in the following times: Monday 10.5. at 15.00-16.30, Wednesday 12.5. at 13.00-14.30 and Monday 17.5. at 10.00-11.30. More information about Valio can be found at https://www.valio.com/ and more information about about the trainee program at here and here. Answers to the most common questions can be found here.