Contrast is a passionate digital agency that specializes in beautiful and easy-to-use digital design & web development, web stores, branding & identity design and digital strategy. We are a team of 7 digital professionals. We work with lovely companies, such as Makia Clothing Ltd, aTalent Recruiting, Ruokaboksi, Aiven, Smarp, Analyse² to mention a few.
Since Contrast was founded, it has been rooted in a drive to find a better way of doing things. To do better work. To always keep learning. To never half-ass anything. And to have fun while doing all this. We believe that pleasure in the job puts perfection into work, and we really, really love what we do.
We are looking for someone who has a strong background in visual design and is interested in UX and UI design. Your main responsibilities will be branding and website design. In bigger projects you’ll be working in close relationship with UX designers, but in smaller projects you’ll be in charge of coming up with UX and UI solutions. However, you’ll get support and help from the team whenever needed. You’ll meet and host workshops with our lovely clients to get all the answers you’ll need to deliver top notch design. As a small company we’re able to tailor the role to your strengths, so don’t worry if you don’t fit the mould: what we’re looking for is someone with some experience, a lot of attitude and a huge potential.
As a designer you have:
- Love for communicating through stunning visuals
- Strong portfolio with web design experience
- Understanding of UX /UI methods and a desire to excel in them
- Proficiency to work in English or Finnish – preferably both
- Ability to communicate and reason your design decisions
- Being besties with Sketch, Adobe software and InVision
As a person you are:
- Ambitious doer: We are a small team, and everyone can contribute to our success
- Curious learner: Your work is inspired by the industry news and trends
- Comfortable in leading discussions: No team member remains unseen and unknown to our clients
- Fun to work with
- Punctual and self-directed: Both are essential qualities in both our line and way of work
For our team, we offer:
- Super interesting line of clients in all shapes and sizes (e.g. Makia, Smarp, International Solidarity foundation)
- Motivated and fun team to work with
- Freedom and ownership in your work
- Encouragement to develop your role into the direction you want to
- The industry’s best tools and slack-emojis (you might even get one for yourself)
- A nifty office in the heart of Helsinki
- Annual trips with the team (e.g. last year we went to Lapland)
- Competitive salary and good benefits, such as top-notch health-care with Pihlajalinna, great insurance (also for free-time) and culture/sports coupons
Interested? Please submit your application letter and CV (in PDF) with a link to your portfolio by latest July 16th, 2019 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/contrast-digital-visual-designer-7-2019 . Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents.
In this position you will be employed directly at Contrast.
For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).