Frogmind is a Helsinki based game studio of 21 people, founded in 2012 and operating in a long-term partnership with Supercell. Frogmind’s games have won several awards such as the Apple Design Award, Apple iPad Game of the Year, and IMGA Grand Prix, and they have been downloaded over 100 million times. The latest Frogmind games are multiplayer PvP games Badland Brawl and Rumble Stars Football. Our goal is simple: to develop and self-publish games that stand out with the best possible gaming experience and high production values by small independent teams of talented game developers without managers. As we believe in flat hierarchy and small independent teams, we are looking for proactive developers who want to contribute to our games in every way possible to make them the best in the world. Because of this spirit, everyone at Frogmind owns part of the company through our option plan.
Frogmind is now looking for a new Backend Developer to design and create their mobile games’ scalable backend tech. As Backend Developer, you play a big role in game server architecture planning, implementation, deployment, and maintenance (be it logic, network, or database design, to mention a few examples). You get to code real-time live systems and leave your mark in the coolest of games. Frogmind currently has four live games and there are more in the making.
At Frogmind, everyone loves games and everything related to them. That is why every single feature, graphics asset, and sound in their games is carefully designed and handcrafted. They believe that small, independent teams with talented, passionate people create the best games – Frogmind does not believe in managers. Everyone at Frogmind is a game developer, and currently there are 21 of them in the company.
Each team member gets to influence what Frogmind does and how they do it, which is why Frogmind expects all the team members to be ambitious and skilled in their work. A strong knowledge of backend development practices is a must, and we hope that you have previous work experience of backend programming. Curiosity to learn more, craving to find ways to do things better, and having a can-do attitude – these are the traits that we truly appreciate. Frogmind wants this to be the best job you’ve ever had!
Requirements for the applicant:
- Previous scalable backend development work experience (from one previous position, at least)
- Strong skills in the following tech stack: Java, AWS, database design and implementation (SQL), Linux shell
- Understanding of what it means to support large user volumes
- Working proficiency in English, both oral and written
We see as an advantage:
- Knowledge of the existing server solutions and services
- Experience with cloud computing platforms
- Experience in load balancing technologies
- Relevant educational background, e.g. computer science or software engineering
- Can-do attitude and willingness to learn more
- Autonomous approach to tasks and a high level of initiative and energy
Frogmind offers you:
- Freedom to design your own workflow
- Freedom to choose your own laptop/workstation
- Competitive compensation including an option plan (everyone in Frogmind is an owner of the company)
- Opportunity to work with skilled industry veterans in a team of 21
- Possibility to work in a well connected studio known for excellence
- Being part of making the best games and impact the gaming industry
- Flexibility considering working hours and times
Would you like to join this gaming adventure? Send your CV, cover letter at latest on August 19, 2019. You may apply for the position here: https://apply.atalent.fi/frogmind-backend-developer-8-2019 . Please convert your application documents into PDF format and note that the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been found.
In this position, you will be employed directly by Frogmind.
You’ll find more information on Frogmind and their games on http://frogmind.com/. For further information regarding the position and the application process you may contact Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava via e-mail at anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi or by phone at +358442049486.