What we do
We are a significant independent fuel procurement company in the Baltic Sea region and we also actively operate on the global trading market. We specialize in oil and renewable products wholesale in Finland, Sweden and Norway. NEOT is owned by SOK and St1 Nordic Oy and we work in close cooperation with our owners. Annually we supply roughly 7 billion litres of fuel products to our owners’ operations, including large service station chains St1, ABC and Shell. We employ around 50 people.
How we work
NEOT Spirit sets the foundation to everything we do. It crystallizes what kind of company we want to be and what we value. The four components of NEOT Spirit, agility, sustainability, competitive advantage and good vibes, are the fundamentals on which our company is built upon.
We feel proud of the fact that we were recognized as Finland’s Most Inspiring Workplace in 2020.
(Eezy Spirit award, category of small organisations).
We enable our owners to prosper by providing them with competitive and sustainable fuel solutions. Our continuous solid performance enables them to invest in sustainable future solutions.
NEOT is now looking for a Financial Controller to strengthen its Group Accounting team in Helsinki! This team of seven professionals handles all three of NEOT companies and group consolidation. As a Financial Controller, your main responsibilities include monthly reporting tasks of one of the three NEOT companies. Monthly reporting tasks include e.g. reconciliations and postings of currency trades, other derivates, sales and purchases, inventory, monthly accruals, intercompany reconciliation, terminal costs reporting, and providing result estimates and actual results to the management. Monthly reporting tasks also include authority reporting such as VAT reporting and other statistical reports. In addition, you will be participating to NEOT Group’s annual financial reporting by providing materials for the audit, preparing financial statement materials together with Group Controller, and answering questions concerning your responsibility areas.
The person we are looking for is ready to handle their own area of responsibility. As a Financial Controller, your role involves mostly routine work, but we appreciate the willingness to develop processes and bring in new ways of working. You will work closely with other NEOT teams and contact suppliers and authorities, so we expect you to be a team player and have good cooperation skills. NEOT has an office right in the center of Helsinki and the possibility to work half a week remotely, after the Covid situation. We are looking for a person to start right away!
We are offering you:
- A place within one of Finland’s Most Inspiring Workplaces in 2020
- Great employee benefits (e.g. SOK personnel benefits, ePassi, and extensive free time accident insurance) and a place where the well-being of each employee is important
- A stable company as well as a permanent position
- Personal and professional career development in a responsible and versatile role
- A low-bureaucracy organization where good ideas tend to be utilized in an agile way. And a supervisor who is willing to work hands-on and help every team member perform at their best
The person we are looking for:
- Has completed a degree in finance or accounting studies
- Has previous experience in accounting, including VAT knowledge
- Has good skills in Microsoft Office -programs, particularly in Microsoft Excel
- Has accurate and precise working style, pays attention to detail, and has also an ability to handle the responsibility
- Is fully proficient in English and Finnish, both written and spoken
We consider as an asset:
- Previous experience in fixed assets or expertise in group reporting
- Knowledge of accounting legislation in Finland, Sweden, and Norway
- Microsoft D365 ERP / Business Central skills or know-how on MS Power BI
Sounds like you? Please submit your CV and motivation letter in PDF format by the latest 25th of May via our application system. Please also mention your salary request and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents. Remember to use the application system, we do not accept applications by email. Please apply immediately, as we will proceed as soon as a suitable person is found!
You can familiarize yourself with NEOT here: https://www.neot.fi/en/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Senior Recruitment Manager Jenni Tontti (+358 407508821, jenni.tontti[at]atalent.fi).
In this position, you will be employed directly to NEOT Oy. The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test.