NGP Capital is a global venture capital firm with more than $1 billion of assets under management and offices in Helsinki, Geneva, Palo Alto, and Beijing. NGP Capital invests in leading growth-stage companies in areas such as Intelligent Enterprise, Smart Mobility, and Digital Health. In NGP Capital’s portfolio, you can find for example Xiaomi, Deliveroo and Babbel. Learn more at https://www.ngpcap.com/.
NGP Capital is now looking for a Head of Data & Analytics to lead the efforts of transforming data into a competitive advantage. You will take charge of designing and setting up the necessary tools and processes to discover new investment opportunities and improve the speed and quality of investment decision-making.
Our company consists of 20 driven professionals in Europe, Asia and North America. You will work in a global and diverse organization with our local team based in Finland consisting of five people. Our offices are located in Espoo and Helsinki.
We are looking for a person with a strong background in computer science, data engineering, and data analysis who has the curiosity to apply this knowledge to help NGP Capital in finding and evaluating the next big winners in the technology sector. Besides your strong technical background, we value an entrepreneurial and creative mindset, proactive way of working and the ability to take initiative. Although we appreciate your independent way of working, we will provide you with all the necessary tools and support by our own team and external partners.
- Taking responsibility of creating NGP Capital’s data strategy and roadmap
- Supporting the investment team in data driven investment decision-making
- Designing and building automated data collection from existing databases and the web
- Building the first version of a full-stack QVC tool which will later be actively used by the investment team
- Automating lead generation, evaluation, and due diligence processes within the company
- Applying data mining and machine learning techniques in making sense of structured and unstructured data
What you bring to the team:
- Keen interest in technology
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree in computer science or similar
- Professional development experience in building full stack data analysis pipelines (incl. data cleansing, transformation, databases, modeling, and visualization).
- Excellent knowledge of the necessary toolset for data analysis (for example Python, SQL, R, or similar)
- Strong analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a desire to strive for excellence
- High initiative and ability to prioritize work independently. Previous experience in project management is highly valued
- Flexible team player and willingness to work across continents and time zones
- Familiarity with venture capital or private equity is a plus
What you get in return:
- Front seat to the world of venture capital and investing in the field of digital health, intelligent enterprise and smart mobility
- Opportunity to grow your personal network and meet up with the top tech portfolio companies
- Opportunity to leverage a wide range of concepts, techniques, and tools, in realizing your vision
- Being part of a diverse team comprised of both experience and young talent
- International environment and close collaboration with our teams in Europe, Silicon Valley, and Beijing (with opportunity to travel)
- Competitive salary with a possibility for a performance-based bonus
- Flexible remote working possibilities
Interested? Please send your CV and application in a pdf form here https://apply.atalent.fi/ngp-capital-head-of-data-analytics-9-2018 no later than Wednesday 3rd of October. Also attach the link to your GitHub profile or other relevant working samples.
For further questions about the position and recruitment process please contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Meeri Sarkkinen (+358 504350511, meeri.sarkkinen[at]atalent.fi) . Please note that we go through the applications already during the application period so act fast!