Supercell is a mobile game developer based in the mobile gaming capital of the world, Helsinki, with offices in San Francisco, Seoul, and Shanghai – all great cities with super talented and super nice people. Supercell was founded on three core beliefs: “The Best People Make the Best Games”, “Small and independent cells”, and lastly “Games that people will play for years”. Thus, our job is to craft games played by millions of people all over the world, and since our founding in 2010, we have brought five games to the market – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale, and Brawl Stars. To familiarize yourself with Supercell, please visit http://supercell.com/en/.
Supercell is looking for a can-doer IT Support Intern to join their friendly Helsinki-based IT team. Supercell has recently moved their office into a new location and soon people will come back to the office after these exceptional times. You will play an essential part in making sure that everything runs smoothly at the office regarding all things related to IT. In this role, not one day is like another!
What will be on your to-do list, then? Your main responsibilities as an IT Support Intern include:
- Assisting and supporting with different daily IT devices-based queries
- Problem-solving together with the IT team
- Organizing IT tools’ storages
- IT devices’ order management
- Configuring network settings
- Installing and configuring workstations
- Communication with the personnel and with external service providers
In this position, you get to join Supercell’s small yet powerful IT team which is responsible for making sure that systems, devices, IT support, and infrastructure runs smoothly at Supercell. Be it helping newbies get started, from devices to system administration, the IT team’s focus is on ensuring that all is handled at a gold star level so that people can focus on the most important part: making games!
What we are looking for?
The ideal person for this role is a service-minded, friendly, and altruistic doer. You love problem-solving and finding solutions even in the trickiest situations, and you do it with a flexible and patient attitude. You have a passion for all things related to IT devices, components, systems, and infrastructure – perhaps you have built your own computer at home! Basically, a hands-on approach and patience in a changing environment are amongst the most essential traits in this position.
- Good skills with computer components and mobile devices
- Skills with Windows
- Experience with iOS and Android devices
- Some previous work experience (e.g. summer job)
- Independent way of working and good organizational skills
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
- A genuine interest in games (experience of Supercell’s games is a big plus!)
- A pragmatic can-do attitude and customer service spirit
We see as an advantage:
- Previous work experience in similar tasks (e.g. IT Support)
- Relevant educational background (e.g. Information Technology, Computer Science)
- Skills with Mac
- Finnish language skills
- The enthusiasm to work in an international environment
We offer for you:
- The opportunity to work with an amazing, service-minded, skilled team and have fun at work
- Easy-going, enthusiastic, open, and at the same time a very results-driven culture
- An opportunity to follow closely the game industry and development of next-generation mobile games
- Versatile job and a possibility for continuing in the job after the internship. Your responsibilities might be extended in the future into areas such as infrastructure management, user management, system administration, and/or software development.
- Great office facilities (including usage of an office gym, with guided exercising classes as soon as the circumstances allow this) and location in Helsinki
- Flexibility considering working hours and times if needed
Got excited about this opportunity? Let’s get things going! Send your CV and cover letter at the latest on April 6th, 2021. In your application documents, please mention your earliest possible starting date and salary request. You may apply for the position via our application system. Please note that the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been found.
This is a fixed-term 6 months internship, and you will be employed as an aTalent employee at Supercell. This is a paid internship.
What is the recruitment process like from now on?
- Submitting your application to aTalent
- Phone interview by aTalent during/after the application period
- Interviews by Supercell
- Final decisions on the new IT Support Intern
For further information regarding the position and the application process you may contact Recruitment Manager Miili Reponen (miili.reponen(at)atalent.fi, +358 504754889).