Angular Velocity is a Finnish technology startup founded in 2016 by four individuals wanting to change the way people experience sports, from the viewer at home to research institutes. Angular Velocity is committed to improving and enriching sports technology with cutting-edge hardware and software solutions. Read more at our site: http://www.angularvelocity.fi/
We at Angular Velocity are looking for Full Stack Developers to develop our “SPECTO Sports” product family. Your job is to further develop the sports analytics mobile application where end-users can follow real-time data from various sports such as speeds, lengths, acceleration/deceleration, angles and much more! Sports analytics is a vast and growing market, end-users of our products vary all the way from coaches, spectators, training centres to TV broadcasters. The application can be used as a sort of second screen, to receive extra information while watching sports. See what we have been building so far: Have you tried SPECTO?
We are seeking developers who have an interest to work on full stack development. You can take charge of the whole development process or focus on what you’re best and most capable at. Most important is the ability and motivation to learn and grow. The role can be modified for experienced developers’ interests or this can be a great growing platform for a junior-level developer as well.
You’ll work in a highly autonomous low-hierarchy team where support and mentoring will be provided when needed. The product is a data-intensive and cloud-based system that also strives to deliver great user-experience. There will definitely be a lot to do and learn, which makes this position an exciting opportunity. Some of your tasks could include: Adjusting existing algorithms, producing sensor drivers, analyzing and clarifying data, working on the efficiency of the product and spicing up the UI in cooperation with our domestic and international clients.
At Angular Velocity we use:
- Development environments: C#, other C variants, .NET, Unity or Unity3D
- Operating systems: Linux, Android, iOS, Windows
- Databases: SQL databases, mySQL, Azure and cloud platforms
- Embedded system programming
We don’t expect anyone to know all of the technologies beforehand, but having experience in at least some of them will help. Your future colleagues at Angular Velocity are professionals with many years of experience, which means the support is available when needed.
What we require:
- Knowledge of C# or other C variants
- Ability to write maintainable and testable code, while navigating between backend and frontend technologies
- Ability to adopt new software engineering technologies and methods
- General knowledge of networking technologies
- Ability to work both independently and in a communicative team
- Proficiency in English
Bonus points, if you have any of the following:
- Experience with other technologies from our stack
- An eye for user interfaces and design
- Previous relevant work experience
- Interested in sports technology
Benefits of working with Angular Velocity:
- Competitive salary
- Brand new office facilities with great accessibility via public transport
- Onboarding program
- Exciting forerunner projects with truly interesting international clients in the field
- A collaborative, low-hierarchy and friendly community of colleagues with diverse experience in product development
- Opportunity to adapt and develop your own role
- Flexibility to work remotely
- We respect and promote healthy work life balance
Does this sound like your next career opportunity? Submit your CV and cover letter by March 24th, 2019 at the latest. You may apply for the position here: https://apply.atalent.fi/angular-velocity-junior-full-stack-developer-1-3-positions-3-2019 . Please convert your application documents into PDF format. Also if possible, please provide us the link to your GitHub (or similar) profile.
In this position, you will be employed directly by Angular Velocity.
How’s the recruitment process going to proceed from now on?
- Submitting your application to aTalent
- Phone interview by aTalent
- Two-rounds of interviews by Angular Velocity
- Final decisions on the new Full Stack Developers
For further information regarding the position and the application process, you may contact Recruitment Manager Mikko Lahti via e-mail at mikko.lahti[at]atalent.fi or by phone at +358400495946