EDR & Medeso is the leading supplier of software for technical simulation and related services in North-Europe. The corporation EDR & Medeso has more than 800 customers in Nordics, UK and the Baltics, and annual turnover exceeds over 35 MEUR. EDR & Medeso is one of the largest suppliers of ANSYS software worldwide. Today we have over 100 employees. EDR & Medeso also represents world leading products such as Building Information Modeling (BIM) from Trimble Tekla, as well as products from CSI (SAP2000, ETABS, SAFE and CSIBridge) and Sigma GmbH (ROHR2).
EDR & Medeso is looking for a (Junior) Functional Safety Engineer to strengthen their growing technical team in the Nordics! In this new position, your main responsibility is to familiarize yourself with ANSYS Medini Analyze software, an all-in-one integrated tool for key safety methods, and perform functional safety analysis for the clients’ applications (read more about the software). As your knowledge base and skills grow, you will be given more responsibility, and you will have an opportunity to take part in training as well as customizing the software based on the clients’ needs. So, you will have an important role in supporting the sales function and in growing the business.
As an ideal candidate, you have a technical background, business-oriented mindset and interest towards functional safety issues. Possibly you already have some previous (work) experience within the safety field but in any case, EDR & Medeso are prepared to help you to get started. Your teammates will support you in your role, but you are expected to be curious, show initiative and proactively manage your own work. Though you mostly work at your local office (in Tampere, Västerås or Gothenburg), you should also be willing to travel abroad on short business trips to a variety of destinations in the Nordics and UK.
EDR & Medeso offers a wide variety of projects related to the creation of automatized systems, including an opportunity to write your (masters) thesis. Thus, if you are interested in personal growth and development, this is a great opportunity for you to put your specialist knowledge into practical use already before completing your studies.
We require you to have:
- Relevant educational background (e.g. automation, mechanical engineering, or similar)
- Studies in functional safety
- An interest towards simulation-based problem solving
- Good team collaboration skills
- Fluency in English and preferably knowledge in Finnish and/or Swedish
We consider as an asset:
- Previous work experience within the safety field
- Experience or knowledge in model-based engineering
- Knowledge of Machine Safety Standards
We can offer you:
- An unique opportunity to work in Top 25 IoT Solution Provider Companies and learn how to perform safety analysis by using modern and automatized tools commonly used in market leading companies.
- Vast opportunities for individual self-development and continuous learning by getting involved with new software, tools and methods.
- International working environment with low hierarchy and relaxed atmosphere.
- A result oriented, but relaxed team that supports your personal growth.
In this position you will be employed directly to EDR & Medeso.
Sounds like you? Please submit your application letter and CV by latest 10.03.2019 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/edr-medeso-junior-functional-safety-engineer-2-2019 . Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents.
You can familiarize yourself with EDR & Medeso here: https://edrmedeso.com/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Mikaela Johansson (mikaela.johansson[ät]atalent.fi, +358 50 351 2400).