MAFY Oy is specialized in teaching and producing learning material in mathematics and natural sciences for upper secondary schools. Our material is presented in a digital format through our educational application Mafynetti. Our Software Developers and Material Developers collaborate on a daily basis to produce the best learning experience possible. The application contains unique learning features and allows the student to keep track of their progress. Last year, 40% of all Finnish upper secondary schools used Mafynetti in their preparatory courses for the Finnish matriculation examination, and we have released material for the first upper secondary school course in all of our subjects. Additionally, Mafynetti has been successfully used in our own courses. As many as 60% of all students admitted to Finnish medical studies last year used Mafynetti to prepare themselves for the general admission examination.
We are growing rapidly – we have more than 20 full-time employees and an additional ~50 part-time employees throughout the duration of our own courses. Last year, our revenue growth was roughly 45%. We employ a diverse group of people who are knowledgeable in various fields. Our work culture enables professional development in a relaxed environment. Read more about us (in Finnish) here: https://mafyvalmennus.fi/
We are looking for a Junior Software Developer to join our young and energetic development team. You will be developing our learning application, Mafynetti, as well as internal systems, such as a completely new web application for preparing and publishing digital learning material. You will work with a modern tech stack, especially with React. Based on the backlog and clients’ needs, your tasks include developing, testing, and reviewing new features as well as fixing bugs. You will work closely with the CTO, as well as the rest of the development team. Together with the team, you will get to discuss and impact how the systems are designed and built. We follow agile development practices and continuous integration.
As our team is rather small, we do not have dedicated roles. Thus, we are looking for someone who is eager to learn the systems comprehensively, willing to take on various tasks and grow towards a fullstack developer position. The position is a great opportunity for you to kickstart your career as a software developer and take your skills to the next level!
We are looking for a developer who has practical experience in developing with React. Currently, we are transitioning to modern technologies, such as React, React Native, TypeScript, and AWS. These are the technologies you will be mainly working with, but we do not require you to know them all in advance. As we do not have a UX/UI Designer in our team, we follow Google’s Material Design guidelines.
We expect you to:
- Have practical experience in programming with React (from summer jobs, internships or personal/school projects)
- Working proficiency in English
We consider as asset (but do not require):
- Relevant studies (e.g. software development, computer science, information technology)
- Familiarity with AWS, TypeScript and/or EcmaScript
- Familiarity with Google’s Material Design guidelines
- Understanding of Agile and continuous integration practices
- Experience with other programming languages and frameworks
We offer you:
- A meaningful job in a growing company. By joining our team, you will be part of improving the Finnish education. Currently we have over 10 000 active users, and with our scalable systems we are expecting to grow remarkably during the coming years
- A chance to work with modern technologies, such as React and AWS
- Support for your work and a chance to attend conferences abroad to keep your knowledge up-to-date
- Possibilities for professional growth – we offer you a chance to work with the entire stack. In the future, you might work in a role of a senior developer and get larger responsibilities
- An open and laid-back work culture and energetic team mates
- Flexible working hours and possibility for remote work
- A competitive salary and an option for performance-based bonus
In this position you will be employed directly to MAFY Oy.
Are you the developer we are looking for? Please submit your application letter and CV (in pdf) by the latest 12th of February 2020 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/mafy-valmennus-junior-software-developer-edtech-1-2020. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV.
For more information about the position and the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).