Broadcast Solutions Finland is a leading system integrator for the media and broadcast technology in Finland and a part of the international Broadcast Solutions group, which is one of Europe’s biggest and fastest-growing companies in the industry. With subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and the Middle East Broadcast Solutions plans, implements and realizes projects in the areas of outside broadcast vehicles, studio, playout and broadcast facilities, sport arena multimedia solutions as well as mobile security and surveillance solutions. A further emphasis of the company is to consult our customers when it comes to workflow optimization, trainings and production consultancy. The group employs over 180 experts worldwide, of which 14 in Finland at the moment. Our customer base in Finland includes companies like YLE, MTV3, Streamteam, Telia and Director’s Cut among many others. Read more about Broadcast Solutions here.
Broadcast Solutions Finland is looking for a Network/IT Engineer to join their team. In this position, you are involved in projects, in which Broadcast Solutions builds various broadcasting facilities and studios for their clients. Your main job will be to realize customized information and communication solutions to ensure that broadcasting audio and video goes smoothly, with excellent quality and zero downtime. This includes planning, building, setting up and operating large-scale network infrastructure, information flows, data centers and storage solutions needed for broadcasting. You will step in whenever there is a new client project about to start but also work with supporting and maintaining the broadcast facilities and network infrastructure for the existing clients. Depending on your skills and interests, you may also work with our internal software projects and be involved in our product development.
You may still be at the beginning of your career or already a more experienced talent. You have a good understanding of advanced network architectures and protocols, data center models, virtualization and you are willing to develop your skills further. This is an excellent opportunity for you to learn more about the international media and broadcasting industry and develop your skills related to our tech stack further. You will work closely with an international team of engineers from the fields of network technologies, audio, video, and wireless communication, for example. If you are still finalizing your studies and looking for a thesis project, we are happy to discuss projects we could offer you. Also, a part-time contract can be negotiated (minimum 22,5h/week) so this job is a great match if you need flexibility to your life.
We expect you to have:
- Good skills and understanding of advanced network protocols and architectures, virtualization and data center models
- Technical studies (e.g. communications engineering, computer science, automation or electrical engineering)
- Fluent communications skills in English
We consider an asset:
- Previous work experience with similar technologies (e.g. summer jobs or internships)
- Experience of cloud services (Azure, AWS)
- Skills and interest in software development and usability
- Skills in Finnish, Swedish or German
We provide you:
- A chance to jump into an interesting role and projects in the international media and broadcast industry
- An opportunity to develop your skills for example in the areas of real-time network technologies, data centers, cloud and streaming services
- Possibilities to participate in our international projects and learn how the global media and broadcast industry operates
- A relaxed working atmosphere, with fun and committed teammates. Less micromanagement, more rock and roll!
- Flexible work hours and possibilities for remote work
- A competitive salary
Sounds like you? Please submit your cover letter and CV (in pdf) by 11.3.2020 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/broadcast-solutions-finland-network-it-engineer-2-2020. Please mention also your salary request and a possible starting date in your application documents.
For more information about the position and the recruitment process, you may contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).
In this position, you will be employed directly to Broadcast Solutions Finland.