Neteram Oy is an agile and friendly mechanical- & structural engineering consulting company. We value efficient communication and cooperation with our customers. It’s important for us to hold on to our promises and bring new ways to resolve our customers’ issues. We here at Neteram Oy know, that employees who enjoy their work are the most important asset we can have. This is why we constantly aim to maintain and develop our well-being at work.
Neteram Oy (KONE Oyj) is searching for 2 Project Engineers for KONE’s Major Projects division to strengthen their supply services for their largest and complex projects. You will work in an internationally recognized company, but at the same time, you will be a part of Neteram’s tight-knit team. Please notice that we will be proceeding with the recruitment process already during the application period.
As a Project Engineer you are responsible for providing technical support, engineering coordination and services for large and complex MP projects in tendering and order book execution phases. You will also provide technical expertise support at several levels, including component sourcing, production, installation and maintenance.
You will work in close collaboration with sales support, tendering, supply and engineering teams, KONE internal factories and external suppliers and front line project/design teams. You have the ownership of engineered solutions for nominated MP projects. You will ensure that the consistency of the technical output of the suggested solutions and suggests technical solutions to meet project objectives and targets within the full chain.
Your responsibilities are:
- Participating in the tender and delivery process by leading the technical part of the solution creation through KONE Engineering Guidelines and Quality Gate guidelines
- Identifying technology and system-level risks and plan right mitigation actions including the need to build up prototypes or arrange solution testing before tendering
- Ensuring the solution technical functionality and specification compliance to meet customer’s needs and set full chain targets (safety, reliability, performance, cost, manufacturability, installability and maintainability)
- Actively proposing alternative technical solutions which increase the customer value
- Coordinating forward-thinking risk mitigation during the project lifetime, to minimize potential later site-related costs and feedback claims
- Participating in the full chain/internal start-up and hand over meetings as engineering responsible person of the tender/delivery projects
- Coordinating and drive value engineering by working with other engineering specialists, e.g. layout, mechanical, deco, HW & SW, traffic and energy calculation engineers
- Being responsible for the technical/engineering part of the project specification
- Planning and organizing needed quality assurance tests both with suppliers and own factories
- Approving technical solutions for nominated projects
- Supporting FL project manager and supply manager by bringing design requirements to full chain program to ensure complete and on-time delivery of the elevator design, supply and installation
- Maintaining strong connections with other colleagues within KONE to share best practices and to understand current and future requirements
We expect you to have
- At minimum a Bachelor degree, or equivalent in Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Strong overall knowledge & experience of elevator engineering
- Knowledge of tendering and supply operations and related tools and process
- Technical knowledge and understanding of principles and limitations of elevator hoisting function, Deco (Car, signalization, doors) and Electrical systems, traffic and energy
- Knowledge of relevant codes and their implications to solutions
- Knowledge of industrial engineering systems and tools (e.g. CAD systems)
- Understand the full chain implications of suggested solution e.g. design, sourcing, manufacturability, installation, maintenance, internal processes and costs
- Strong analytical, innovation and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer focus with a drive for results and can-do attitude
- Good leadership and influencing skills
- Good collaboration, communication and cross-cultural skills
- Fluent English language skills (verbal and written), other languages are an asset
- Presentation skills in English, also in the front of the customer when needed
- Willingness and flexibility to travel
We consider an asset
- SAP skills
- Experience working with similar organizations and projects
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
What we can offer you
- A challenging position in an esteemed international company
- The best of both worlds: In addition to the above you will also get the support of a small and agile company, combined with the opportunities of working in an international company, one of the best in their field!
- Neteram will help you to participate in relevant training in order to develop your professional skills
Sounds like you? Please submit your application letter and CV by the latest 6th of July via our application system here: https://apply.atalent.fi/neteram-oy-kone-project-engineer-major-projects-6-2020. Please mention your salary request and the first possible starting date in your application documents.
You can familiarize yourself with Neteram here: https://www.neteram.net/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Lisa Jokinen latest on 2nd July (050 599 1835, lisa.jokinen[ät]atalent.fi).