Woodio is a Finnish design-oriented material technology company, established in 2016. Woodio’s proprietary material is the world’s first 100% waterproof solid wood composite that consists of real wood chips. The material innovation and design was recognized in April 2019, when Woodio won the Design Plus powered by ISH award organized by the German Design Council. Woodio is here to change the traditional bathroom material norms into more ecological and inspiring. Woodio products have significantly lowered the carbon footprint throughout the whole product lifecycle compared to current solutions. Recently Metsä Group’s innovation company Metsä Spring Ltd has joined Woodio with an equity investment as a part of a €4 million financing round. For Woodio, this will not only bring financial stability but also a partnership that means significant new resources in R&D and production development.
Woodio is looking for an experienced Sales Director to take the lead of our sales and marketing team, and the whole sales operation. In this role, your main responsibility is to continue growth in the home market and expand our sales to international markets according to our strategy. You will have P&L responsibility of sales and marketing, and work as a member of our management team. Although drive towards sales and growth is essential, we appreciate an overall strategic understanding of business and the capability to participate in further development of our strategy together with our management team and Board of Directors. We hope you share our passion and want to be a part of our growth story.
At Woodio, we value an independent and self-driven way of working. As a director, your focus will be set on tracking and developing the sales while supporting your team when needed. This calls for high interpersonal skills, a goal-oriented mindset, and the drive to expand our sales to new international markets. Your team consists of Account Managers and a Brand Manager – currently the team is at four employees and growing as we are recruiting new international sales talents.
We highly appreciate experience with eg. international, high number sales, export sales and/or managing multicultural sales teams. Additionally, you can manage and utilize CRM systems to their fullest as our sales team is international and scattered over our focus markets. Our headquarters are in Helsinki where we hold regular management team meetings. Hence your location can be flexible but we hope you have the ability to frequently travel to Helsinki.
What Woodio offers you:
- The opportunity to be part of the next Finnish design icon’s growth story
- The drive and culture of a small growth company with the resources of a corporation
- A motivated, eager and self-driven team that values each other
- An appealing, innovative and environmentally remarkable product
- An attractive long term incentive plan
What we require:
- Broad experience and track record in international B2B sales and sales management, and preferably some relevant industry knowledge (design / construction / furniture)
- Suitable study background (e.g. MBA)
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent skills with CRM (e.g. Pipedrive, Salesforce)
- Fluent skills in English (written and spoken)
We consider as an asset:
- Experience in export sales
- Interest towards innovative design and previous experience working with design products
- Other language skills (eg. Finnish, Swedish, or German)
Are you Woodio’s future Sales Director? Please submit your application letter and CV in English by the 15th of September, 2019 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/woodio-oy-sales-director-8-2019. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. In this position you will be employed directly to Woodio Ltd.
You can familiarize yourself with Woodio and find out more about their innovation from https://www.woodio.fi/, Instagram and Facebook. For more information about the recruitment process you can contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Mikko Lahti (+358 40 049 5946, mikko.lahti[at]atalent.fi).