For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award-winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent
Epic Games Finland provides live services to over 80 online multiplayer PC games in collaboration with over 43 game studios. Their suite of Gamer Services in Game Security, Game Telemetry and Game Community target the live management of player engagement and empower developers and publishers to make the right decisions in their games 24/7, with ease. Our services build upon the existing infrastructure that already serves over 100 million users and gives us unmatched ability to provide state of the art tools for the PC gaming industry.
As a Senior Backend Engineer you’ll be at the center of game services that power player experiences for all products around the globe. From design, implementation, and deployment you’ll be able to shape the services and features that drive the future of our products. We are looking for an experienced Engineer to work on highly scalable backend with the passion for innovative technology and competitive games.
- Ensure the utilization of latest technology to build high performance, high availability backend services and web applications
- Performance improvement and security hardening of backend services and infrastructure
- Design, implement, and iterate on scalable, secure, highly-available, backend services
- Provide input into the product road map, including milestone schedules and deliverables
- Follow industry trends and maintain a strong interest in cutting edge technology
- Handle live operational issues on services and platform
- Maintain excellent code quality
- Strong knowledge of Java, and its ecosystem, such as framework, build tools, and performance measurement
- 5+ years building online backend systems – developing network, data-processing pipelines, integration tools, web API backend
- Experiencing designing resilient systems with monitoring/troubleshooting capabilities
- Experience with Unix flavored O/S
- Experience in a CI tools, and Docker-related technologies
- Passion for building and maintaining consumer-facing backend applications that are secure, scalable, highly available and performant
- Experience with database and storage systems – PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Hbase, and Cassandra
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS
- Experience with concurrency and network programming
What Epic Games offers:
Epic Games Finland offers an opportunity to work in one of the premier game studios in the world. The work is challenging with great opportunities to learn and apply your skills. You’ll get the chance to become part of industry groups and collaborate with the great minds with many of our varying partner organizations in the gaming industry. You’ll also get to work internationally with trips to conferences. At Epic we give you the freedom to do your work when and how you like, as long as it is done well. We have relaxed and flexible working environment at our awesome office space in Ruoholahti. We also provide an excellent insurance coverage with private health and dental care.
Sounds good? If you’re the person we’re looking for, send your CV, application and relevant samples (Github link etc.) of your projects here: https://apply.atalent.fi/epic-games-finland-senior-backend-engineer-java-11-2018 by November 18th.
You can read more about Epic Games Finland https://www.kamu.gg/acquisition/. If you have questions about the application process, please contact Recruitment Manager Mia Paatsalo (mia.paatsalo[at]atalent.fi +358 50 468 0610).
This is going to be Epic!