Arbonaut is a Finnish technology company specializing in Open Source GIS solution development and remote sensing data exploitation with a worldwide footprint. The company provides invaluable information for decision-makers in managing natural resources, especially forest resources. Arbonaut, as a pioneer in web based forest GIS solutions development, has been working in a truly spatial environment since the beginning. Arbonaut has developed ArboGIS, a powerful Open Source GIS application platform running in core of company’s implementations.
Arbonaut has a successful track record of helping our private and public customers to collect, refine, integrate and use location-related information in their tools and processes. The company acts also globally to support developing countries forest administration to enhance their information gathering, analysis and sharing to ensure better, sustainable natural resource management. Arbonaut is founded in 1994 and employs around 40 people representing over 15 nationalities. The company is headquartered in Joensuu, having also a small office in Helsinki. Read more about Argonaut and their products here!
Arbonaut is looking for a Senior Mobile Developer to join its international software development team of 20 tech experts. You will work on different client projects, in teams of various sizes. Arbonaut has a core mobile platform which can be tailored to different projects. The first project you will work on is related to Rwanda’s forest data, so you will immediately witness Arbonaut’s meaningful work in the developing countries! Your main responsibilities are defining mobile solution architecture as well as developing the applications. Prioritizing and defining the backlog is also partly on your plate. As Arboanut is still in a relatively early phase with its mobile development, you will have a lot of responsibility in improving the development practices further, including technology choices. Hence, you follow actively where mobile and web technology fields are going. In addition, you will have an important role in supervising junior developers.
We are looking for:
- Around three years of experience in mobile development (Android)
- Comprehensive understanding of mobile development environments and a strong interest to stay up-to-date with new mobile technologies
- Basic understanding of relational databases
- Fluent communications skills in English
We consider as an asset:
- Basic understanding of and/or willingness to learn more about GIS solutions
- Some experience in native iOS mobile development
We can offer you:
- Truly meaningful projects in preserving the forests all over the globe and a front-line position for fighting against climate change!
- Contributing to spreading Finnish forest knowhow to the world
- Flexible working hours and a possibility for remote work
- A chance to travel to the project countries if you want to – with your first project this means Rwanda!
- An opportunity to develop yourself professionally according to your interests, e.g. towards different lead positions
- A truly multicultural work environment and colleagues as well as an organisation with low hierarchy
In this position you will be employed directly to Arbonaut Oy.
Sounds like your opportunity? Please submit your application letter and CV in PDF no later than 6th of August here: https://apply.atalent.fi/arbonaut-senior-mobile-developer-android-7-2019 Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV.
For more information about the position and recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Miili Reponen (+358 50 475 4889, miili.reponen[at]atalent.fi).