Contrast is a passionate digital agency that specializes in beautiful and easy-to-use digital design & web development, web stores, branding & identity design and digital strategy. We are a team of 7 digital professionals. We work with lovely companies, such as Makia Clothing Ltd, aTalent Recruiting, Ruokaboksi, Aiven, Smarp, Analyse² to mention a few.
Since Contrast was founded, it has been rooted in a drive to find a better way of doing things. To do better work. To always keep learning. To never half-ass anything. And to have fun while doing all this. We believe that pleasure in the job puts perfection into work, and we really, really love what we do.
We are looking for someone whose main strength lies in UX / UI design, but has a strong pull towards creating a stunning look & feel as well. Your main responsibilities will be working and workshopping with our clients to understand their and their user’s needs and transforming those from user journeys and information architecture to wireframes and website designs. On bigger projects you’ll be working with a visual designer to nail down the overall style, but in small cases you might be tasked with coming up with visual styles as well. However, you’ll get support and help from the team whenever needed. As a small company we’re able to tailor the role to your strengths, so don’t worry if you don’t fit the mould. What we’re looking for is someone with some experience, a lot of attitude and a huge potential. This position offers you great opportunities to develop your expertise to the direction you desire, being it digging deeper into UX design, visual design, user research or user testing, to name a few.
As a designer you have:
- Love for crafting delightful user experiences and appreciation for stunning design
- Experience in Web/UX/UI design and working with Sketch and InVision
- Deep understanding of UX / UI working methods and a desire to excel in them
- Ability to communicate and reason your design decisions
- Portfolio of your best work
- Ability (or interest) to plan and facilitate workshops
- Proficiency to work in English or Finnish – preferably both
We consider as a plus:
- Visual design skills (e.g. typography, branding)
- Writing skills
- Understanding web development
As a person you are:
- Ambitious doer: We are a small team, and everyone can contribute to our success
- Curious learner: Your work is inspired by the industry news and trends
- Comfortable in leading discussions: No team member remains unseen and unknown to our clients
- Fun to work with
- Punctual and self-directed: Both are essential qualities in both our line and way of work
For our team, we offer:
- Super interesting line of clients in all shapes and sizes (e.g. Makia, Smarp, International Solidarity foundation)
- Motivated and fun team to work with
- Freedom and ownership in your work
- Encouragement to develop your role into the direction you want to
- The industry’s best tools and slack-emojis (you might even get one for yourself)
- A nifty office in the heart of Helsinki
- Annual trips with the team (e.g. last year we went to Lapland)
- Competitive salary and good benefits, such as top-notch health-care with Pihlajalinna, great insurance (also for free-time) and culture/sports coupons
If you think this is your next career step, please submit your application letter and CV (in PDF) with a link to your portfolio by latest July 16th, 2019 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/contrast-digital-ux-designer-7-2019 . Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents.
In this position you will be employed directly to Contrast Digital.
For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).